Administrative procedures

Get a visa

Do I need a visa to come and study at Paris Langues?

If you live in a European Union country, you don’t need to apply for a visa to study in France.

Students from non-members of EU community countries have to apply for a visa to come to France:

  • For 3 months maximum stay: students need to apply for a tourist visa. Please note that this visa cannot be turned into a long-term visa in Paris, and doesn’t allow for the acquisition of a residence permit.
  • For more than 3 months stay: students need to apply for a long-term student visa. The period of validity for this visa must not exceed 1 year. However, you may renew this visa after your first year of study while providing your certificate of attendance to the courses and a registration confirmation from the school.

How can I get a visa to come and study at Paris Langues?

If you do not come from an EU country, you will need a visa to come and study in Paris Langues. First, register to one of our course (embassies usually demand for a 26 lessons per week course minimum). After having received the full payment of your course as confirmation of your registration to our courses, we will send to you via email all the documents needed to apply for the visa at the French embassy or consulate in your country: confirmation of chosen course (and type of accommodation if requested), invitation letter, invoice of the school, registration confirmation. If you wish to receive originals via mail, please contact us. BE CAREFUL: the French embassy in your country may request the proof of your payment at any moment.

To find out whether you need a visa or not, what type of visa you require, as well as the documents needed to make such a request, please consult the following website :

Remember: To apply for a student visa, you need to provide to the French consulate or embassy in your country a valid passport, the confirmation of registration at school (26 lessons per week), the postal address of the place you will stay, the proof of financial resources for the length of your stay and a certificate for medical insurance.

Open a bank account

If you stay more than 12 weeks at Paris Langues, you may need a bank account: open it easily with our partner!
Bank account + credit card for only 1 €. Info at the office.

Health care insurance

Students registered at Paris Langues are covered by the civil liability during the courses, in the premises of Paris Langues and during the cultural activities organized by the school.

Participants from EU countries must bring the European Insurance card. For non-European students, we recommend to buy an insurance policy in your country. Participants to our courses are not insured by Paris Langues for theft or loss and damage of personal effects.

Our partners

Our guarantee

  • Why learn french with us?

    The French as a Foreign Language Quality label identifies, recognises, and promotes centres of French as a foreign language of which the language offers and the services present guarantees of quality.