Frequently asked questions

School Life

Is the school open all year long?

Yes, except during public holidays, which are non refundable and non exchangeable: Mar. 28, May 5 and 16, July 14, Aug. 15, Nov 1 and 11, 2016. Also from Dec. 24, 2016 to Jan. 8, 2017 (Christmas break).

When can we start the courses?

Every Monday morning. We welcome students at school at 09:00 am for a presentation of our courses, staffs and activities. Placement tests until 10:00 am. Courses take place on Monday from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.

2016 Complete Beginners’ studentsstarting dates: Jan. 4, Feb 1, Mar. 7, Apr 4, May 2, Jun. 6, Jul. 4, Aug. 1, Sept. 5, Oct. 3, Oct 31 and Nov. 28, 2016

How many students per class?

Each student is placed in a group according to his/her level. 12 students maximum per group (on average 8/9 students).

Is the teaching material included in the price?

Yes. We work with sheets of paper made by the teachers and given to the students each day.

Can we take holidays and postpone classes during the stay?

Only for students registered at a long stay programs (12 weeks or more) and if the dates for the holidays are communicated upon the student’s arrival. In this case, the weeks are postponed.

Can we register directly at the school?

Yes, from 9:00 am to 12.30 and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm from Monday to Friday.

Can we register on the first day of the course?

Yes, at 9 am every Monday (except for complete beginners students, please see our calendar).

Do you organize cultural activities?

Yes, every Wednesday afternoon with a guide. These activities are free for all our students.

Am I going to receive a document from Paris Langues at the end of my training-course?

At the end of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance with the exact number of hours taken and the level reached (according to the 6 European reference levels).

Can I change my course program while I am at the school?

You can take more classes, or one or two afternoon workshops, or individual lessons. You can also extend your courses.


Tests and diplomas

Can we take exams in your school?

Paris Langues is one of the exam centers for the Paris Chamber of Commerce (C.C.I. Paris-Ile-de-France). You may register for Professionnal Exam (Business and Tourism). Two sessions per year are organized. We also organize courses for students who want to take the DELF/DALF exams.

Paris Langues is accredited by CIEP to organise TCF Exams. This exam is prerequisite for admission in a French University.



Do I need a visa to come and study at Paris Langues?

If you are coming for a period between 3 and 6 months, you need to apply for a temporary study visa. You will be able to stay in France without having to obtain the student residence permit. Be careful, this visa cannot be extended.
If you are coming for a period of between 3 and 12 months, you need to ask for a student long-term visa. You will get the “carte de séjour étudiant” from the Préfecture which can be renewed after the first year.

Please note that the tourist visa for short stays (less than 3 months) cannot be turned into a long-term visa in Paris, and doesn’t allow for the acquisition of a residence permit.

To find out whether you need a visa or not, what type of visa you require, as well as the documents needed to make such a request, please consult the following website:

Our partners

Our guarantee

  • Why learn french with us?

    The French as a Foreign Language Quality label identifies, recognises, and promotes centres of French as a foreign language of which the language offers and the services present guarantees of quality.